Baan Bah or Baamba - Grazing Run of Sir John Jamison on the Namoi River
Babinboon - Liverpool Plains between the Conadilly and Gaora rivers
Back Creek - Also known as Saxby. Barrington Gold field (1879)
Baelpin - Patrick Plains district
Baerami - A spear thrower. (aboriginal meaning). Durham Co. Located in Muswellbrook shire. In 1893 a post office; mail 3 days a week. Nearest railway station Muswellbrook 30 miles away on the northern line. 
Bagman Creek - Early name for Four Mile Creek
Bahtabah - Belmont - name given by Rev. Threlkeld to his mission house at Belmont; Aboriginal for 'hill by the lake'
Baiami Caves - Situated at Milbrodale, the estate of Rev. Richard Hill. Eighty-hectare site containing rock shelters with many signs of Aboriginal occupation
Baileys Bluff - Morisset Park - named after early landowner Bert Bailey
Baker's Creek. Co. Gloucester, a small tributary of the Belbora Creek. 
Balcolyn - Scottish origin. Suburb of Lake Macquarie
Balleroo - Liverpool Plains. Station of Messrs Scott and Pitt
Ballindo - or Dampton Farm - Dartbrook, Upper Hunter in 1846
Balley Hill - Bolwarra. A fight amongst the native tribes took place in 1835
Balmoral - Scottish origin. Suburb of Lake Macquarie
Banbar - a river in district of Liverpool Plains. Branch of the Namoi
Bando Plains - Station of W. Alison Liverpool Plains
Bandon Grove - Named by Mr. Kingston after Bandon in County Cork, Ireland. Co. Durham. In 1893 a postal township; mail 3 times a week. Morpeth nearest railway station. Situated on the E. bank of the Chichester River at its junction with the Williams. Nearst town Dungog 7 miles. - 
Banfield - Co. Gloucester. An agricultural settlement on the Williams River 7 miles N of Clarence Town. 
Bangulgully - Liverpool Plains. Station of James Evans
Baradine Creek. Southern tributary of the Namoi River rising in the Warrabungle Ranges. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Barborah Creek. Co. Northumberland, a small tributary of the Mangrovee Creek near its source. 
Bareena Bay - eastern side of Coal Point
Baradeen - Run at Liverpool Plains belonging to James Walker
Barfield - (Barford) Parish in county of Durham bounded on W. by Paterson river; S. by Butterwick. E. by Uffington
Barford - Parish Co. Durham bounded on N by Fingal; S. by Butterwick and E by Uffington
Barker Street, Newcastle - In honour of Bishop Barker, second Bishop of Sydney. Jesmond House situated in Barker Street.
Barnard River - Northern boundary of part of Co. Gloucester. Flows into the Manning
Barnsley - Known as Teralba until 1891
Barokee - Stone (Aboriginal meaning)
Baromee Creek - flows in Port Stephens -Dangar's map . The home of the swan (aboriginal)
Baronia Creek. Co. Gloucester. Small drainage creek flowing into Port Stephens on its northern shore. 
Baroona - Place far away (aboriginal meaning) - see John Larnach
Barraba - Run belonging to John Hoskinson at Liverpool Plains. 76,800 acres
Barraba - Run belonging to Esther Hughes at Liverpool Plains 20,480 acres on the Manilla River
Barrahingbin / Burraghihnbihng - A large swamp in Co. Northumberland nine miles from Newcastle known as Hexham Swamp. Used to describe part of Wallsend and including the area bounded by the Hunter River, Ironbark Creek and Mount Sugarloaf.
Barrami Creek. Co. Hunter. A southern tributary of the Goulbourn River
Barrington (Gloucester) After Robert Barrington Dawson, son of the first agent of the A.A. Co.
Barrington River - Named after Lord Barrington by Robert Dawson of the A.A.Co. Rises at the head of the Manning. Empties into the Gloucester river
Barrow's Valley - Situated in the district of Liverpool Plains to the northward of the Peel River. Named by John Oxley after one of the Secretaries of the Board of Admiralty.
Barryowen - Pulbah Island; also Boroyirong
Barties Swamps - Area between Rosebank and Boorara - now Swan Reach. Probably named for settler Thomas Bartie
Batobato Point - Port Stephens - See Dangar's map 
Battens Point - Speers Point. Opposite Pippi';s Hotel.
Baxter Junction - Singleton shire
Baybuck Hill - Also Babock, Bibock, Babuck, Bubock, Bebock. Mount Royal Ranges. Upper Hunter.
Baybeg - Site of School of Arts at Morpeth (1860s)
Bayleigh - Station of George Fulford in the district Liverpool Plains NSW
Beacon Hill - Early name for the area around Nobbys
Beamadilwa - Kamilaroi aboriginal name for Bengalla estate. Also Bemadilwa 
Bebeah - Famous vineyard of Alex Munro of Singleton from the native word Babee to sleep; Bebeah, a good place to camp or sleep
Bective - (Bubbogullion)- Estate of Robert Pringle. In 1893 Co. Inglis, a small town reserve 14 miles NW of Tamworth on the Peel River. 
Bedham Creek. (also Bedlam) Co. Northumberland, a small tributary of the lower end of Mangrove Creek. 
Beebo - Liverpool Plains on the Severn river. Station of C. Abercrombie
Beggary Creek - Muswellbrook. Native name Bungarree Creek
Belbora Creek. Co. Gloucester. A southern tributary of the Manning River receiving the waters of the Millbrook and Baker's Creeks. 
Belford - A parish in Co. Northumberland NSW bounded on the N. by Hunter River E. by Black Creek, S by Parish of Ovingham and Rothbury and W. by Whittingham. Previously known as Jump-up.
Belgrave Farm - adjoined the estate of Travallyn, Paterson River
Belin - estate on Hunter River Parish of Gosforth -Dangar's Map . James Thomas Lamb resided here in 1828
Bellbird - Cessnock district
Belltrees - Named after Lord Sempill's estate in Scotland. Estate of Hamilton C. Sempill. Counties of Durham and Brisbane. 20 miles east of Scone.
Bellevue - Grant to William Evans in 1820's. On the banks of the Paterson River
Bingara - Co. Murchison. 352 miles N. of Sydney. Nearest Railway station Tamworth 100 miles away on the northern line. 
Bingara Creek. Co. Murchison. An Auriferous stream, falls into the Gwydir River. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Bingera - located on the Gwydir River. Owned by George Hall
Bingle's Hill - Estate near Wickham
Bingle Street, Newcastle - named after Captain Bingle who led a deputation to Sydney to preserve Nobbys. Captain Barney then military commandant, had caused two tunnels, each about 150 ft long with chambers for explosives to be driven into the landmark, which he desird to demolish so as not to rob of the wind sailling vessels approaching the port. The name of Lieut. Sutherland is carved at the end of the tunnels where they met. Probably he was in charge of the working gangs.
Bird Island - Situated off the coast of Co. Northumberland NSW; a short distance to the northward of Bungary Norah. See Dixon's map
Birdwood Park - Newcastle. Named for General William Riddell Birdwood (WW1). This park was formerly known as West End Park
Birmingham Gardens - Newcastle suburb - First subdivided in the 1930s. The name Birmingham Gardens was given by Mr.T.M.Burke after the English town of Birmingham
Birnum Wood - near Leamington. Estate of John Smith and Richard Hobden
Birriadool - Liverpool Plains 
Birwon - vicinity of Nord's Wharf on Henry Dangar's 1828 map. Wallarah colliery
Bishop's Bridge - After an early settler named Bishop (possibly Thomas Bishop?). Co. Northumberland, parish Allandale. Nearest railway Farley on the southern line. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Bishop's Court - Morpeth. Owned by Bishop Tyrrell from 1848. Formerly Closeburne
Biwogkula - the place of red ti-trees; -Threlkeld
Black Adams Flat - Swansea; or Adams Green
Black Creek - Creek on the Liverpool Plains
Black Creek - Co. Northumberland. Rises in the Broken Back range and flowing northerly empties into the Hunter River between Singleton and Maitland.
Black Creek - Early name for Branxton
Black Diamond Hotel - Blane (Hunter) Street Newcastle. Building first owned by J and A Brown.
Blackboy Creek - Dungog district. Formerly known as Montyac Creek.
Blackhead Island - An island of NSW 10 miles off Port Stephens. Name given by Captain Cook as he passed up the coast to the North Head. Three small rocks lying off the coast between Port Stephens on the S and Treachery Head on the N. 
Black Hill - Cessnock district
Black Jacks Point - Belmont - adjacent to 16ft sailing club. Threlkeld reported that Old Jacky's tribe lived near his mission station
Black Jack Mountain - six miles from Gunnedah
Black Ned's Bay - named after ' Old Ned', King Edward White , the husband of Margaret, the last of the Awabakal tribe. This is the area near Swansea where they had their home
Black Town - Situated in the vicinity of the miners' huts near Laman Street, Newcastle
Blairmore estate. The homestead on this estate dates back to 1836.
Blandford. Co. Brisbane. 188 miles N of Sydney.Situated on the Page River and Warland's Creek about 3 miles N of Murrurundi. 
Blane Street Newcastle - former name of Hunter Street between Brown St. and Cottage Ck. named after Mr. Blane - Deputy Governor of A. A. Co.
Bleardugood Farm - near Maitland in 1850
Blind Creek - Near Black Creek
Blue Gum Flat - Early name for Ourimbah near Gosford. Co. Northumberland
Blood Tree Farm - Four miles from Newcastle in 1845
Bloomfield - (640 acres near Maitland)
Boarding House Dam (Watagans) Originated because it was where men camped and a bark shed was built to cook meals. Later a dam was built at the location
Bobadil - established by the Bettington family. Located at Liverpool Plains
Bogey Hole - A public baths hewn out of rock on a wave cut platform below the cliffs at Shepherd Hill Newcastle. Made by convicts for Commandant James Morisset
Boggabilla - Station on the McIntyre River in partnership of George Yeomans and Otto Baldwin
Boggabri (Aboriginal Bukkiber-i place of creeks)Co. Pottinger. 318 miles N of Sydney. Situated on the upper end of the Boco Creek about 8 miles W of Merriwa.
Boggibrie -Run at Liverpool Plains belonging to John Panton
Boggy Creek. Liverpool Plains, a small drainage creek supposed to flow into the Ghean Creek. 
Boggy Flat. Co. Durham. Nearest railay station Singleton, 7 miles away. 
Boikonumba - a place of ferns
Bold Hill - Station of W. Alison in Liverpool Plains district. 80 miles from Murrurundi
Bolton Point - earlier also known as Boughton Point. John Herring Boughton first settler. Said by some sources to have been named for Major John Charles Bolton.
Bolton Street (Newcastle) Spelled Boulton on original deeds, after Matthew Boulton, English engineer 1728 - 1809. He purchased Soho, near Birmingham 1762. .He expended about 47,ooo pounds helping James Watt to construct the steam engine, and took out the patent in 1769. He introduced gas lighting into Birmingham 1798.
Bolwarra - View from high place (aboriginal meaning). Grant to John Brown, later acquired by Richard Jones. Co. Durham. Situated on the northern bank of the Hunter River 8 miles from Morpeth. 
Bomabeg - Back of Morpeth Swamps (1860s)
Bomi - Aboriginal name for Wallis Creek
Bomera - Run at Liverpool Plains belonging to James Hale
Bonarius lane, Newcastle - Named after J.C. Bonarius, business man of Newcastle
Bona Vista - 2000 acres granted to James Phillips. Above Tocal on the Paterson River
Bondaballa - Run belonging to Philip Thorley at Liverpool Plains
Bone - run at Liverpool Plains taken up by Nelson Simmons Lawson
Bone Creek - Liverpool Plains. On this stream are the stations of N.S. Lawson
Boobadil - The station of J.B. Bettington in the district of Liverpool Plains
Booindabah Island - (Boondelbah) - Port Stephens (1826)
Boolambaye/ Boolonbayl / Boolambayte - Twin lakes or two lakes (aboriginal) - Situated in Co. Gloucester NSW near the Myall Lake
Boolaroo - Place of flies (Aboriginal meaning). Lake Macquarie
Boolladilla - On the Myall River, Co. Gloucester NSW near the lofty mountain of that name. (Bulladelah)
Booloombago. Co. Gloucester. Small hamlet on western border of Myall Lakes. 
Boomera - Hale's station district of Liverpool Plains 50 miles from Cassilis
Boonabilla Valley. Co. Durham. A deep valley lying between Mount Carrow and Cobrabald. 25 miles from Bandon Grove. 
Boonalla - A mountain in the district of Liverpool Plains between the Peel and Turrabeile rivers
Boondelbah Island uninhabited island lying 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) off the mouth of Port Stephens. Originally called Inch Kenneth by Governor Macquarie due to its resemblance to the island of Inch Kenneth in Argyle.
Boonooboonoo - (Aboriginal meaning) Kangaroo's camp - north of Tenterfield 
Boorabea Rd. - Wangi (aboriginal meaning native bear) - from Israel's subdivision map c. 1923)
Boorewalla - Kamilaroi aboriginal name for Negoa 
Boorel (Booral)- (Aboriginal meaning: big, large) A town in Co. of Gloucester on the Karuah River. 5 miles from Stroud
Booroobulbarrowindi - Situated in County of Brisbane at Gammon Plains
Boorroomma - Run belonging to James White at Liverpool Plains
Boorambil - Joseph Onus' run at Liverpool Plains On the Oness creek, tributary of the Mooki
Booranbil/ Borambil - Creek in district of Liverpool Plains 20 miles from Gircobill
Boorumbeelah - Kamilaroi aboriginal name for St. Heliers 
Bootawah - Manning River aboriginal meaning - Water Rat
Borambil - Aboriginal meaning - In the vicinity of the bora ground, where the blacks meet to make men.. On the Cassilis road previously known as the old Two Mile Hollow
Boree - Singleton district
Boree Swamp. Co. Northumberland. A tract of marshy land on the Big and Little Boree Creeks 10 miles from Wollombi township. 
Borehole - Area of Hamilton known as the Cameron's Hill area. Previously also known as Pittown Co. Northumberland. 2 miles from Newcastle. Mining village.
Borehole Colliery - Cockle Creek
Borongo - In district of Liverpool Plains; station or R. Pringle
Boroyirong - Pulbah Island
Borringargul - Wyong Creek (NSW Atlas of settled areas)
Boughton's Point - Bolton Point
Boun - Aboriginal name for Wallis Plains; from a bird of that name' -Threlkeld 
Bow - Co. Brisbane. 235 miles N of Sydney. Nearest railway Muswellbrook 57 miles. 
Bow Creek - Estate of Charles Blaxland, Cassilis
Bowen River - District of Liverpool Plains; rises near Pandora's Pass and falls into the Turrabeile at its junction with the Yorke river; Names by John Oxley in honour of Commissioner Bowen of the Navy Board
Bowling Alley Point - Gold diggings near Nundle. Co. Parry. Situated on the Peel River. Nearest railway Tamworth. 
Bowman - Co. Gloucester. township. 177 miles N of Sydney on the Bowman River a tributary of the Manning River. 
Bowman's Creek (Singleton) After Dr. James Bowman, who in the 1840's owned the Ravensworth Estate.
Bowthorne estate - On the Paterson River, Parish Butterwick, four miles from Maitland. Estate of Alexander Livingstone
Box Farm - Jerrys Plains
Box Tree Clearing - Singleton district
Boyce's Point - Fennell Bay
Boyen - Aboriginal name for West Maitland (1860s)
Braithwaite Head - Name given to Fort Scratchley, Newcastle by Lt John Shortland in 1797. Named after Lieutenant Robert Braithwaite of H.M. Reliance
Bramcote - Barnsley subdivision of 1882
Branch Creek. Co. Brisbane. Western tributary or head of the Hunter River. 
Branxton - (village) After a place in Northumberland, England. Situated Co. Northumberland on Anvil Creek between Maitland and Singleton. The original name of Branxton was Farmborough. Later it was known as Black Creek. Branxton (Parish) Co. Northumberland bounded on N. by the Hunter River; on E. by parish of Gosford; on S. by Allandale and W by Black Creek to its confluence with the river Hunter
Brass Water. Co. Gloucester. A noble sheet of water at the head of the Myall River above Port Stephens.
Bray Farm - Allyn River
Brecon Farm - Paterson
Breekin Mount - Co. Durham. A high hill lying S.E of Gresford at a distance of 4 miles. 
Breeza - Run at Liverpool Plains taken up by Andrew Lang
Brettville - 1500 acre estate on Dora Creek at Cooranbong. Estate of William Brett 1892. Known as Campbell's grant.
Brickwoods Ridge - Below Buckles Range -Dangar's Map 
Bridgeman / Bridgman Park- Thomas Clarkson's grant later acquired by Robert Lethbridge and managed by Richard Alcorn. Located at Falbrook. Co. Northumberland.
Brindley Park - Estate belonging to the Bettington family. Situated Co. Brisbane between Gummum and Bow Creeks. Merriwa
Brinkburne House - Residence of George Thomas Fenwick in 1849. Gresford
Brisbane - County of NSW. Towns Murrurundi, Haydonton, Scone, Merriwa, Cassilis, Invermein, St. Aubins
Brisbane Water - Police district of NSW Bounded on the N. by a line from Reid's Mistake across Lake Macquarie, bearing westerly to Dora Creek and by Dora Creek to the Warrawolong range; on W. by crest of Mount Warrawolong range to Mount Simpson and by the north road to Wiseman's Ferry; on S by the Hawkesbury and Broken Bay roads to Box Head. (1848)
Brisbane Water - Harbour of NSW in Co. Northumberland. Principal streams that flow into are Erina and Narrara creeks. (1848) named after Sir Thomas Brisbane, Governor 1821-25. Early name for the Gosford area.
Broadmeadow Farm - Thomas Groves early resident. Broadmeadow was part of the Newcastle Pasturage Reserve of 648 hectares. It developed around the Great Northern Railway, the road to Newcastle’s western suburbs and the construction of the Sydney to Newcastle Railway in the 1880s
Broadwater. Co. Gloucester. An expansion of the Myall River forming the S. portion of the sheet of water known as the Myall Lake.
Broadwater, The. Co. Northumberland. Name applied to Brisbane Water Harbour.
Brogden's River - Flows into the Stroud River -Dangar's Map 
Brush Farm - 30 acre farm of John Eckford at Wallis Plains established 1818
Brushy Hill. Co. Brisbane. Nearest railway station Aberdeen 7 miles away. 
Bubbah-Bubbah Swamp. Co. Northumberland. A tract of flat swampy ground near Stingaree Point, at the fall of the Dora Creek into Lake Macquarie. 
Bubbogullion - Attunga Creek - Liverpool Plains Cattle run leased by Robert Pringle
Buchanan - named after David Buchanan, Parliamentary member for Morpeth 1860. Situated Co. Northumberland parish of Stockrington near Maitland on Wallis Creek; property of George Brooks in 1848. Also known as Brook's Flat
Buchanan St. Newcastle - named after Henry Buchanan Mayor Newcastle 
Bucklebone - station of Brown and Selwyn in district of Liverpool Plains on the Namoi River
Buckles Range - Between Harrington and Stroud Rivers. Dangar's map
Buckut - Manning River aboriginal name meaning A Stone
Buddle - River, branch of the Namoi district of Liverpool Plains
Buchan - aboriginal name meaning large rock or stone. Also known as The Buckets - Barrington Tops
Buckawackah - Manning River aboriginal name meaning To Crawl on the Hands and Knees
Bugaldi - Run belonging to Charles Fitzsimmons at Liverpool Plains
Buhlbah - Name for Pulbah Island - Dangar map 
Bulahdelah. Co. Gloucester.. Also Bulladelah. Indigenous name Kurrahboolya
Bulba - Aboriginal name for an island; any place surrounded with water - Threlkeld 
Bulbararing Lake. Co. Northumberland. A small lagoon or inlet of the sea, about 1 mile square, and having a sand bank or island in its centre. The N. part of the lake is called Moore's Lagoon, about 2 miles E of Kincumber. 
Bulga - (Balgarr) A single mountain (aboriginal). Singleton district
Bulgarrie - Run belonging to Joseph Moses at Liverpool Plains
Bulga Road (now known as Putty Road)
Bulga Farm - Cockfighter's Creek, Mr. Cobcroft
Bulgonia - former name of Brightwaters
Bulkara - Aboriginal name for mountain; from bulka 'the back' of a man or a beast
Bull - Run belonging to Thomas Parnell - Liverpool Plains
Bullahdelah Mount. Co. Gloucester. 6 miles by bush track from the township of Bullahdelah. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Bulla Delah - Manning River aboriginal name for two big rocks
Bullal - Dry creek
Bullee Noyden - rock near Bungaree Norah (Norah Head). Also known as'The Bull'
Bullock Island - also known as Corrumbah, Chapman Island, Onebygamba and Carrington. Co. Northumberland, Hunter River. Separated from the mainland by a narrow channel called Throsby's Creek. On the NW point of the Island was the quarantine ground for port of Newcastle. 
Bull's Creek - Gateshead
Bundabah - Named after the A.A.Co Bundabah Run located on the Bundabah Creek.
Bundabah - Place of kangaroo (aboriginal)
Bundanbing Brook - parish of Stanhope
Bundabarrbarina - a cattle station fifteen miles below Pokataroo. Liverpool Plains 
Bundarra - town is located on Thunderbolts Way and on the banks of the Gwydir River, in the Uralla Shire. (Kamilaroi meaning grey kangaroo)
Bundarra River - Also known as Rocky River and Gwydir River 
Bundee, Bondee - Toronto - Coal Point peninsula on early maps
Bundobollah - station of P. Thorley in district of Liverpool Plains
Bunduckaluck - mountainous range in Co. Durham near Vacy. See Dangar's map 
Buneewa - Kamilaroi aboriginal name for Merton estate 
Bungalaben Mount - Co. Northumberland. a peak in the Hunter Range about 18 miles SE of Wollombi.
Bungaree Bay - A cattle station of Colonel Snodgrass in Co. Gloucester
Bungaree Norah - (Norah Head) Point of land near Tuggerah Lakes Co. Northumberland 90 miles from Sydney
Bungwahl - Manning River aboriginal meaning - The root of a Swamp Fern sometimes called Uki
Bungwall Flat. Co. Gloucester. 169 miles N of Sydney. 
Bunnalong Swamp. Co. Northumberland. A tract of swampy ground on the N. bank of the Dorah Creek near Singaree Creek. 
Bunnan - Ashes (aboriginal). Co. Brisbane. 187 miles N of Sydney. Nearest railway station Scone 20 miles away. 
Bunyah - Manning River aboriginal word - An Opossum
Burburgate - Run belonging to W.C. Wentworth at Liverpool Plains