Nabiac - Manning River aboriginal name meaning The long narrow leaved fig tree
Nalawa - A camp
Namoi/ Namoy - named the Peel by John Oxley in honour of the Right Honorable Robert Peel; joins the river Darling at Pockataroo.
Nandowra - near Scone. Estate of Matthew Henry Hall, son of George Hall
Napoleon Cottage - adjoining the upper gate entrance to the Race course, West Maitland
Narone Creek - Cessnock district
Narrably - district of Liverpool Plains near Tamworth. Station of A.B. an F.M. Doyle
Narrabri (aboriginal Nurra-bur-i - meaning forks) The Narrabri, or Nurrabri, better known as Killarney station was first taken up by Andrew Doyle
Narrara - Creek situated in Co. Northumberland. Flows into the Brisbane Water adjoining the town of Gosford.
Narrowgut - Corruption of aboriginal Narragan - a narrow waste of land between rivers. Also known as Phoenix Park; and Trafalgar
Narrows, The - Narrowest section of the Wangi Peninsula.
Narara - A black snake
Neath - After a coalmining town in Wales
Nectarbank (Nalalban) - over the other side of the Page River to the north of the village, which became the ‘Elmswood’ property.
Needle Island - Island in Hunter River (see Barrallier's 1801 map for location)
Negoa - Estate of William Cox. Kamilaroi aboriginal name Boorewalla
Nekinda - Creek. Also known as Dora Creek
Nelson's Bay. in Co. of Gloucester. An anchorage of Port Stephens
Nelson's Plains - After H.M.S. Lady Nelson which in 1801 was sent to Newcastle to survey the Hunter River and district. Situated at the confluence of the Hunter and Williams Rivers near Raymond Terrace.
Nemingha - Co. of Parry. Postal town. 
Neotsfield - Grant to Henry Dangar - Co. Northumberland on the Hunter River. 3 miles from Singleton. Named after St. Neots his birthplace in Cornwall
Ness House - George St. Singleton (c. 1880)
Nettering Creek - Co. of Northumberland, a small watercourse falling into the Jillaby-Jillaby Creek on its W. Bank. 
Newcastle - Seaport town at the mouth of the Hunter River. Once known as King's Town and Coal River
Newcastle House, Newcastle - Former residence of A.W. Scott. 8 room mansion with servants quarters, coachhous. Front garden surrounded by brick parapet wall with carriage entrance. Used at one time as customs house.
Newcomen Street Newcastle. Named after Thomas Newcomen an English mechanic one of the inventors of the steam engine 
New Freugh - Co. of Durham - a village reserve 7 miles from Singleton. 
Newland - District of Dungog 1841
New Park - Co. of Durham, postal town 150 miles N of Sydney. 
Newport - village in Co. Northumberland on Dora Creek. Eraring
Ngoroinbah - Henry Dangar's map. Early name for Point Wolstonecroft
Nikkinba - Aboriginal for a place of coals - Threlkeld . Also House at Hamilton
Nimbecourigina - Run at Liverpool Plains taken up by James Morris junior
Nineways - Junction of Brunker Road, Belford Street Chatham Road and Denison Streets Broadmeadows
Ningan - run at Liverpool Plains taken up by John Mackay
Niritba - The home of the mutton bird (Aboriginal) - the name of the island off the entrance to Lake Macquarie -Threlkeld 
Noamunga - Street at Gwandalan, Lake Macquarie (Aboriginal meaning good fishing)
Nobbys Island - (Aboriginal name Whibayganba). Named Hacking Point by Lieutenant Shortland in 1797. Situated at the entrance to the Hunter River at Newcastle