William Page was granted a publican's licence for the Miners Arms Inn in Market Square, Hunter Street, Newcastle in June 1844  The licence was transferred to James Farquharson
in March 1845 
In December 1845 the Inn was the scene of a scuffle that was to result in one of the town's constables - Constable Rinker
being arrested for perjury. Rinker had stated in Court that he had been assaulted at the Inn by William Hudson and Thomas Smith, who was the Landlord of the Inn kept by James Farquharson. Those who were present (Farquharson, Hudson, Smith, Rainsford, Simpson and others) when the altercation took place charged Rinker with perjury and he was taken into custody, although late admitted to bail. 
James Farquharson was granted a licence for the Miner's Arms again in 1846 and 1847. In 1848 the hotel was referred to as Farquharson's hotel.
In November 1848 when the Inn was offered for sale William Page was once again proprietor. The Miners' Arms Inn was described at the time as being situated in the very centre of the most preferable part of the city for business and admirably adapted for an inn, store, or residence being in the main thoroughfare and proximate to all the public buildings and wharfs. The city of Newcastle is progressing rapidly, and indeed such is its prosperity, that the lucky purchaser may safely depend upon realising a handsome fortune in a very few years.
For sale was : 'All that allotment of land in Newcastle No. 100 of section, on which is erected all that spacious brick built house known as the Miners Arms Inn, containing seven rooms on the ground floor, two rooms up stairs large cellars, detached kitchen, stables, coach house, and many other conveniences. Bounded on the east by 92 links on the west side of Newcomen street bearing south 7 degrees west on the south by a line dividing it from allotment no 99 bearing west 7 degrees north 1 chain and 95 links; on the west by 92 links of the east boundary line of the market place bearing north 7 degrees east on the north by a line dividing it from allotments No 102 and 101 bearing east 76 degrees south 1 chain and 95 links to Newcomen Street
The Inn sold together with the 'Stockton Arms' for £520 in 1848 Mrs. Page was still the landlady in June 1849 
A daily Coach service run by Samuel Smith
of Maitland departed from the Miners Arms in the 1840s and 1850s.
 Maitland Mercury 22 June 1844
 Maitland Mercury 15 March 1845
 Maitland Mercury 27 December 1845
 Maitland Mercury 25 November 1848
 Maitland Mercury 2 June 1849