James Cameron - Centenary history of the Presbyterian Church in New South Wales online
After Rev. John McDougall the Rev. James Bonthorne was inducted in 1871, and remained until his death in 1881. The Rev. Archibald Craig next held the pastorate for two years, dying in 1883. The Rev. James Lamont, F L.S., succeeded in 1883, remaining until 1894, when he was translated to Kogarah and subsequently to Mosman, of which he is at present the minister. The Rev. Robert Jackson then became the minister of East Maitland, and under his earnest ministry a flourishing congregation was built. Mr. Jackson, having resigned and gone to New Zealand in 1900, was succeeded by the Rev. Alexander Smith, transferred from St. Mary s in April, 1901.
Rev. James F. L. S
The Maitland Daily Mercury
Rev. James Lamont succeeded Rev. Archibald Craig as minister at St. Stephens Church, East Maitland. He remained until 1894