William Eckford, formerly of the >Maitland Inn, was granted the license for the Prince Albert Inn in the original premises of the >Black Horse Inn, Newcastle Street, East Maitland in 1845.
The license for the Black Horse Inn was transferred to Henry Adams for premises nearby formerly owned by John Smith.
The license for the Prince Albert Inn was transferred to former baker >James Fulford in December, 1847.
James Fulford and his wife Grace Sophia had four children. Grace Sophia died aged 24 on 23 October 1848 after a long illness . The Inn was advertised for lease by Fulford in November 1849. He moved out in June 1850, advertising his furniture and stock for sale.
The license was held by Charles Wilson early in 1851 however by May he had decided to retire from business and advertised to sell by auction all the household furniture of the Inn as well as a wooden house on wheels, hay and coal.