Free Settler or Felon

Search Result

Search


First Name



Surname / Subject



Ship








Search Results



1  
 
Item: 147544
Surname: Finn
First Name: Rev. Patrick
Ship: -
Date: 1873 8 March
Place: Scone
Source: MM
Details: Marriage of Patrick John, eldest son of the late John Ryan of Stanhope, to Margaret Mary, second daughter of Patrick Flanagan of Glen Bawn, Aberdeen on 20th February 1873. Minister Rev. Patrick Finn


 
Item: 197847
Surname: Finn
First Name: Rev. Patrick
Ship: -
Date: 10 January 1918
Place: Thurles, Ireland
Source: The Catholic Press
Details: Another burse for the diocese has been established in connection with St. Patrick s College, Thurles, by the Rev. Father Patrick Finn, - who came to the diocese along with the late Monsignor Hand in 1870, and worked in Murrurundi and Hamilton for many years. He returned to his native home over 20 years ago, and quite recently he has devoted £700 to the establishment of the burse in Thurles


 
Item: 197848
Surname: Finn
First Name: Rev. Patrick
Ship: -
Date: 1 December 1883
Place: West Maitland
Source: Sydney Daily Telegraph
Details: Rev. Patrick Finn registered for the celebration of marriages


 
Item: 197849
Surname: Finn
First Name: Rev. Patrick
Ship: -
Date: 6 August 1873
Place: Warlands Range
Source: NSW Police Gazette
Details: About 3 p.m. the 27th ultimo, the Rev. Patrick Finn, of Blandford, was stopped at Warlands Range, near Blandford by an armed man hereunder described, and robbed of the horse, a nearly new saddle with hogskin seat, a bridle, and a leather purse containing seven sovereigns.


 
Item: 197850
Surname: Finn
First Name: Rev. Patrick
Ship: -
Date: 12 June 1930
Place: Hamilton
Source: Freeman s Journal, Sydney
Details: HISTORICAL SKETCH OF THE PARISH OF HAMILTON. (By the Bishop of Maitland.) Until 1873 the City of Newcastle with the district then forming the parish of Newcastle was under the administration of the Archbishop of Sydney. In that year the first bishop of the then newly established diocese of Maitland, Right Rev. James Murray, took possession of the Newcastle parish. One of the first steps taken by Bishop Murray in the development of this growing district was the establishment of the parochial districts of Hamilton and Burwood (now called Merewether), and the building of churches in both these places. Father Michael Harrington Ryan, the Administrator of St. Mary s, Newcastle, at this time, took a particular interest in Hamilton, and he gave great assistance to Bishop Murray in obtaining the site (purchased from the A. A. Company) and building the school-church. Father Ryan himself donated five hundred pounds towards the Hamilton school-church. A few years afterwards he returned to the Archdiocese, where he died in 1887. Father Ryan was the first priest to take an interest in Hamilton, but he continued to live in New castle. The first resident priest of Hamilton was Rev. Patrick Finn, who, from 1884 to 1894, was Rector of that district. He lived for some years in a house on the Maitland-road, nearly opposite the Hamilton Church site. At that time the Hamilton Presbytery was the residence of the Catholic schoolmaster, Mr. P. O. D Moloney. During Father Finn s time the Sisters of Mercy from Single ton founded the Convent at Hamilton and the schools taught by the Sisters. Father Finn retired from active service in 1894 when, after 24 years in the diocese, he returned to Ireland, and is still living in retirement in .Dunleavy, near Dublin.- Father Finn helped some years ago in endowing the Deaf and Dumb Institute at Waratah and the Orphanage at Maitland, besides providing a burse for the education of priests for the Diocese in St. Patricks College, Thurles.



1