Arrival of Adam Beveridge
Adam Beveridge arrived free on the Amity
A grant of eight hundred and fifty acres located by two orders was made by Governor Brisbane to Adam M. Beveridge
on 26th August 1824 (1). The land adjoined that of William Peppercorn
Adam Beveridge resided in Tasmania and did not occupy this land.
Richard and Maria Windeyer with their son arrived in Sydney from Hobart on the Medway
in November 1835. 
The land originally granted to Adam Beveridge was acquired by Richard Windeyer between 1836 and 1838.
Convicts assigned to Richard Windeyer included:
James Ford arrived per Mangles 1837
William Wainwright arrived per Marquis of Huntley 1835
James Fitzharris arrived per Heber 1837
James Harris arrived per Hive 1834
George Riddle arroved per Asia 1833
Joseph Picard arroved per Waterloo 1838
arrived per Guildford 1827
Richard and Maria Windeyer built Tomago House, a sandstone villa with cellars, vineyards and servants huts.
It was described in 1847 as a substantially built stone mansion, with slated roof and spacious cellars. The out-buildings consisted of superintendent's house, brick built and shingled, containing two rooms, laundry, and kitchen; brick built store and storekeeper's residence, a stone built Gothic Cottage in the vineyard, a double weather boarded cottage, gardener's cottage and eight huts and stabling; as well as stockyards.
Tomago House. Cultural Collections UON. Click to enlarge.
In 1844 the Maitland Mercury reported - Raymond Terrace is a very prettily situated town, and one which has made rapid strides in improvement. It is finely situated as regards frontage, being at the junction of the Hunter and Williams Rivers, but the great drawback is the want of back country. This, however is likely in a year or two to be obviated, for the swamp at the back, which covers an immense tract, is in course of being drained by the spirited proprietor, R. Windeyer Esq. and I am credibly informed this will be accomplished effectually. When the undertaking is completed Raymond Terrace must go ahead
Death of Richard Windeyer
Richard Windeyer became ill in 1847 and while visiting relatives in Launceston to recover his health, passed away aged 41.
The estate was already in financial difficulty and was auctioned in twelve lots on Monday 28th August 1848, however Maria Windeyer continued in residence.
Adjoining the Tomago estate and originally owned by Richard Windeyer was Oaklands estate, described in 1854 when it was offered for sale as 3 miles from Hexham and about one mile back from the bank of the Hunter River. Abundantly watered. It had been divided into nine lots, including Lot 1 with 220 acres and the homestead and vineyard; a stone cottage of six rooms, a brick cottage of five rooms and 2 vinedressers' cottages, slated. 25 acres of the vineyard had been enclosed and was prepared for vines. 
Read more about Tomago and Oaklands in Andrew McDonald had a farm
...Sydney Morning Herald 18 February 1950
Notes and Links
1). Richard Windeyer was a Member of the first Legislative Council 1843. Find out more at the Australian Dictionary of Biography
2). Tomago House
. Index to map of the country bordering upon the River Hunter... by Henry Dangar (London : Joseph Cross, 1828). p12
. The Empire 15 December 1854
. Sydney Herald 30 November 1835